Monday, February 13, 2012

It matters



Today I learned that communication works.  Have you ever had something that has bothered you and you bottled it up...hoping it would go away instead of dealing with it head on?  I have a tendency to be that person.  Confrontation is never easy for me.    But this past week I experienced a situation that brought me to my knees.  God told me to "deal with it."  And so I did.  And God met me there.  I am so very thankful that His word is forever true.  He said to bring your burdens to Him...to lean on Him...that his yoke is easy and His burden light.  I am lighter of spirit today because He met me right where I was.

Relationships are worth it.  Taking the extra steps to preserve those relationships that sometimes fall on rocky soil is worth it.  In volunteering you are put into circles with every kind of personality and beliefs.  Letting God be the center of that circle is the secret to doing effective ministry.  Are we always right?.....nope.  And that is the key.  Letting God grow us is the answer to becoming the person He means for us to be.  And knowing that every day is a learning process is the key to being effective.

I want to be who He designed for me to be.  I want to make a difference.  I want to count.  Lord....lead me always.  Guide me to being a blessing to all I come into contact with.  Let your light so shine before those I come in contact with....that they may see YOUR good works and glorify YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment